Wednesday, July 1, 2009

AnnArbor.com presents at Ignite Ann Arbor

Here are the "highlights" of the AnnArbor.com presentation at the Ignite (whatever the heck that is) last night. I guess you get five minutes and a few slides (which I couldn't or didn't see on the video) to tell your exciting story.

Why you would need to boil down highlights from a five-minute presentation (I would assume a five-minute presentation would be all highlights) I have no idea. Moral of the story: Will write for potatoes. (You have to watch to get it.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really strange gobbledygook. What is the point?

Edward Vielmetti said...

Ignite Ann Arbor was a great event. Here's the event home page, and my review of it. There were about 200 people there, and a dozen people gave prompt presos in two hours.

As for being paid in potatoes, all I can say is that the history of newspapers isn't an easy road if you go back far enough. One Ann Arbor publisher of a German-language paper in the 1910s got accused of sedition in the lead up to the first World War and was barred from the use of the mails. More about Eugene J. Helber from what I've been able to piece together from fragments, no one has been proud enough of the story to repeat it at length.

Jim of L-Town said...

Ed, I guess my only point (and I wasn't there and didn't review the event) is that one of the highlights from a five-minute presentation was a story about an 1830s newspaper being paid in potatoes.

If I had five minutes to plug or 'ignite' my new product, I would have avoided the downer of a time when newspapers had to be paid in potatoes.

Unless, of course, the point is that now newspapers and their employees will now be paid in peanuts.

Anonymous said...

I just had a flashback to some Tony Deering newsroom meeting at the FJ.

Anonymous said...

I still cant see it!

Anonymous said...

What the heck was the point of that?

Twice Baked said...

Perhaps she was trying to warn the group that AnnArbor.com will feature lots of potatoes but not much meat.