Thursday, May 28, 2009

Yeaaah Red Wings! Noooo Penguins!

I already bragged about this over on Facebook, but last year I taught my then 2-year-old granddaughter to say "Yeaaaah Red Wings! Nooooo Penguins!" during last year's Stanley Cup Finals between the Detroit Red Wings and Pittsburgh Penguins.

So let me just say how proud I am that at 3-years-old she is already up-to-speed on this year's Cup Finals and has never forgotten the "Yeaaaah Red Wings! Nooooo Penguins" chant. Of course, it does cause some minor problems when she sees the cute little creature that is a penguin.

It's not like she would club a real baby penguin, or anything.

Showing the love here to my favorite team - The Detroit Red Wings.

And to all my California friends who root for the Anaheim Ducks (bad name for a sports team) and the San Jose Sharks (which is a great name for a team that provides really good practice for the Red Wings annual playoff run), just wait'll next year.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attaboy, Jim. Teach 'em properly right away!

And, yeah, congrats to the Sharks on a great season. I bet that President's Trophy parade was awesome. Ahahahahahahaha!

Jim of L-Town said...

I think we had a President's Trophy moment a number of years ago that ended up the same way.

Not so satisfying.

Anonymous said...

Yep, lost to eighth-seeded Edmonton in 2006. Not a good feeling at all. Luckily, there have been Cups before and aft to help ease the sting.

Hey, Game 1 faces off about 8:10 p.m. Saturday. What's that night's deadline for the New, Improved, Hip Sunday product???

And, hey, Game 2 is Sunday night. What's the plan for the Mon- . . . oh, wait. Nevermind. 'Guess I'll read about it online, at The Freep's site, the DNews site, Kukla's Korner, or the Wings' own site.

Jim of L-Town said...

Hadn't thought about the timing of not having a newspaper on the morning after a Stanley Cup Finals game.

Ouch.

How frustrating for a sports reporter not to have a vehicle to cover the games.

Anonymous said...

Why do you dislike the Sharks of San Jose so much? What did they ever do to you? Its just a sport that is called ice skating! Who really cares? I say live and let live!

Anonymous said...

I can not wait till your Wings lose and you are left eating crow, or Shark. Its just ice skating. Not a big deal to me.

Anonymous said...

I told you so! Sharks are now playing golf with your Red Wings.