Friday, January 15, 2010

What I've learned from Addisen

Last night I went to the Detroit Red Wings versus Carolina Hurricanes hockey game at Joe Louis arena. It was a great game, Wings won 3-1, but one of the highlights of the night had nothing to do with hockey, but with Sesame Street.

During a television time-out, the arena reporter picked out a 7-year-old girl to answer questions on the big jumbotron about Sesame Street. If she answered the questions correctly she would win a 4-pack of tickets to a live Sesame Street show coming to Detroit.

So I aced the first two old-school Sesame Street questions (where does Oscar the Grouch live? and who is Ernie's friend?) or at least I think those were the first two questions.

But the last question would have been a game ender for me, except for my granddaughter, Addisen.

The question: "Who is the wanna be fairy in training on Sesame Street?"

Even before they flashed the multiple choice answers on the screen, I yelled out: "I know this, it's Abby Cadabby!"

That brought several stares from the assorted jock types sitting near me. One young man, who was wearing a Shanahan jersey, turned around from his seat right in front of me and asked how I could know such a thing.

"It pays to have a 3-year-old granddaughter," I said. Heck we've got the Abby Cadabby movie, the book and probably an action figure or two in our house.

So I spiked the ball on that one. But I'll probably have to reapply for my man card soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carolina Hurricanes

JAMorrison said...

That's adorable!

Jim of L-Town said...

Using the new technology I have repaired my brain freeze....