Saturday, December 12, 2009

My current Facebook status

I posted my status today on Facebook and apparently some folks like it. Here's what I wrote:

"James is keeping a food diary at the request of his doctor. A small weight gain from my last checkup prompted the doctor to make me keep a record of what and when I eat anything. I know what he's going to be treating me for at my next visit: Writer's Cramp."

Actually, I find that having to write everything down has actually kept me from eating things that were bad for me. Because I find it very difficult to lie, I'm now passing up snacks that I would have eaten so I don't have to write it down.

I think I've invited the "Writer's Cramp" diet. I feel my first book coming on.

3 comments:

Krystal said...

It's true that tracking your food really helps you think about what you're putting in your mouth! i hate doing it so much though. If only i could keep up with it.

Anonymous said...

Food diaries and points are at the core of Weight Watchers. I lost 60 lbs, but gained it back due to my insatiable appetite when I'm stressed.

Susan said...

Food diaries are tough, so be sure to have a pencil with an eraser! (just kidding) I've been trying to rid myself of 40 "stress pounds" and this is the worst season for weight loss! My goal is April softball, so set your sights and go for it! Put a skinny picture on the icebox, that helps.