Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanks!

It has been a tough year. On the first day of the year, my younger brother Michael died. In April, Joan's mother had a severe stroke and in July, her father died. We have also lost other family and friends this year.

Today we will be visiting Joan's mother and eating a special Thanksgiving in her new home, Father Baker Nursing Home in Orchard Park, New York. Despite all that has happened this past 11 months we remain thankful for the many blessings we have and continue to receive.

We both are in good health. We are both retired (me, sort of) and we have been blessed with four great children, William, Timothy, John and Elin. In recent years we have added a daughter-in-law, Nicole and three grandchildren, Brittany, Addisen and just this October, Griffen, our first grandson.

We thank God for all the blessings we enjoy and we also are very thankful for our many, many wonderful friends and family.

So today, this will be the only posting, with a wish that anyone passing by and reading today will stop and give thanks for the blessings in their lives.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI JIM, JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR WORK ON THIS BLOG. I REFER TO IT QUITE OFTEN AND HAVE LEARNED A LOT FROM IT.
YOUR BLOG IS ONE OF MANY THINGS IM THANKFUL FOR IN MY LIFE.

GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS AMERICA...

Jim of L-Town said...

Thanks, you made my day....

Anonymous said...

Someday, I may give you a grandson. I just need to find a willing female. We do have many pets to be thankfull for, I know Taylor keeps me active and she loves you too. My best!