Thursday, November 12, 2009

New Detroit Daily Press close to hitting the streets

Editor and Publisher is announcing a press conference for tomorrow, Friday, November 13th, for some important new information about the launch of The Detroit Daily Press.

I know one of the reporters hired for the new paper and he's a great choice to begin the nucleus of a reporting staff.

While it might seem a little like shoveling sand against the tide to start a daily paper when so many are going the other way, I have to admit I really, really want this to work. If the new owners believe they can make a living with a daily product with a 150,000 readership, I don't think that will be hard to reach.

Anyway, I love people who take on a great challenge and I wish them well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, if only Mike Killbreath could get his Flint Area Media project off the ground... :D