Saturday, October 10, 2009

Blogging to resume - soon, but first, meet Griffen Harry

Sorry for the blogging hiatus, but returning from our trip left me scrambling at work and at home. Not to mention that it took me several days to catch up on my sleep from our long flight home.

I'm sorting through e-mails and information and I'll post some of that information on Sunday night.

There has been a little excitement here as well with the birth of Griffen Harry, our third grandchild and first boy at 12:21 p.m. Friday, 10-09-09. Griffen (the "en" continues the tradition that started with Addisen) checked in at 9 pounds, 1 ounce.

He has blondish, red-hair which could be traced to his recently departed great-grandfather, Red.

Mother, baby, father and Big Sister Addisen all doing fine and very happy. As I did with Addisen I introduced myself to Griffen wearing my Michigan State sweatshirt. It's important to start the indoctrination early.

Life is good.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully, Griffen upchucked on the Sparty shirt! Congrats.

Paddywack Designs said...

Congrats Jim. Take it from someone who knows first hand... little reddish haired boys are a big-time blessing.

Jim of L-Town said...

Actually anonymous, I think I got a glimpse of a smile......

Paddywack....As the father of two red headed boys, 40 and 39 years ago, I agree 100 percent.

Chris Flynn said...

Your redheaded boys are actually 39 and 38 years old. Welcome to senior moments!

Jim of L-Town said...

Thanks Chris, it was a senior moment. No need to rush things, but then a mother would likely have a better memory....

Chris Flynn said...

YEP... congrats on the wee one by the way!

Susan said...

Congrats to you and Joan ! Enjoy him and spoil the heck out of him.

Anonymous said...

Well James, being one of those red headed boys, I would like to thank you. Women love the red hair! He is a cute kid, and tell his folks I said congrats!