Friday, August 14, 2009

Flint police officer Clarence Banks - RIP

Truly sad news today with word that officer Clarence Banks, one of the truly nice police officers on the Flint Police Department died of a heart attack while off duty.

The Flint Journal has story on it today.

Just yesterday I wrote about Sgt. Bob and great source and I promised further stories on other sources in the future. Well, one of those would have been Clarence Banks who was a young officer when I started on the beat back in 1989.

He had an infectuous smile and a quiet manner that endeared him to nearly all who knew him.

Banks was another of those people who I never heard speak ill of any one else and while he was not often in a position to help me with on the record information, he often led me in the right direction. Sometimes we just kept each other company at the yellow tape barricades at a crime scene.

Like Sgt. Bob, another of those who I truly missed after my beat moved me out of Flint.

It is my understanding that Officer Banks was contemplating retirement in the near future.

Rest in peace, my friend.

No comments: