Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hey, one more Michael Jackson connection of mine

The Flint Journal just posted a story that was another Michael Jackson related story I covered way, long ago. I remember this story because a source tipped me off to it and I spent some time out at the old State Police Post (Corunna Road and I-75) covering the theft of a Michael Jackson glove.

Here's the current story on the Flint Journal site.

As it has come back to me, I did the initial story, but I believe it was the day shift cop reporter at the time, Paul, who got the interview with the "thief." (Update - 8:55 p.m.: A commenter on the Flint Journal story said the young man who stole the glove has been dead for 10 years.)

This was one of those bizarre stories that I just loved to write. Thank you Flint Journal for reminding me of that old story. I had long forgotten it.

No comments: