Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back home, blogging to resume

Arrived home late Tuesday and made my way home in a two and one half hour (usually one hour and fifteen minute trip) from Detroit Metro. Freezing rain turned all the freeways into ice rinks. There were accidents everywhere and I-94 eastbound was completely shut down at M-39 for a half hour.

I appreciate all the kind sentiments here and on Facebook about the loss of my brother. The world seems oddly out of place with the loss of my younger brother, but life does go on and my brother, a frequent commenter here under the name "jim's brother", would not want it any other way.

So after I go to work today I will return to blogging. I received a copy of a memo from the editor of the Oakland Press who was literally giddy over the turnout at his first citizen journalist seminar and is now asking all reporters and editors to take on one of two of the reporters to help them learn the ropes.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. I'll put the memo up later today. There is also some additional Booth news and that will go up as well. I just don't have time this morning to put it in some readable form.

If you come back this time tomorrow (Thursday) it should be up.

No comments: