Saturday, December 20, 2008

We're dreaming of a green Christmas!

Well, so much for a green Christmas. On Friday we got dumped on. Somewhere between 8-10 inches of snow is piled up in our yard. It took my more than two hours to clear my driveway and the one belonging to the lady who lives across the street.
What is worse is that we live on the main drag for the Road Commission and the snow plows pass by here every ten minutes scraping more and more snow into my driveway entrance.
This morning (and early) afternoon I spent a couple more hours using my roof rake to pull tons of snow off the roof of our house. For readers in warmer climes, there is a condition called snow dams that cause roof damage if snow melts and then freezes and backs up under the roof shingles.
So anytime we get more than 4-inches of snow I pull as much snow off the roof as possible to avoid the problem.
Anyway, I'd love for Al Gore to come here right now and explain global warming to me once again. This winter looks to be worse than last and that was a record one.
I could have a little more Booth news on Monday, so stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Al Gore can't explain what he can't understand. Jim, do you find it interesting that he never seems to accept invitations from real scientists to debate Global Warming? Maybe he's terrified of getting owned in the debate and being asked to return his Oscar and Nobel Peace Prize.

They say one of the ladies Gore beat out for the prize hid Jews from Nazis during the war.

Richard

nseibt said...

Don't know about you, but I actually enjoyed shoveling yesterday... I just like being outside, I guess.

Jim of L-Town said...

When it is really deep and fluffy I like shoveling and snow blowing as a challege to see how quickly I can get dug out.
It also gives me a chance to do a nice thing for one or two of my neighbors, which I also like.
What I don't like is when I am blowing snow and the wind shifts and I get a big faceful of cold snow.
But when I was young like you, I loved being outdoors all the time.
Hope you are enjoying your visit home. When I was in the Navy and gone for months at a time it always felt so good to sleep in my childhood bed.