Sunday, July 6, 2008

In fact: Home


Well, we made it. A week in Alaska, two days in Vancouver and finally home on the Fourth of July.

All our connections were perfect, the ship was great, the weather was very nice and seasonable even for Alaska. With my new digital camera I took hundreds of photos which now poses a daunting task of culling them down to a number that friends and family won't roll eyes at when we offer to show them photos.

We saw bears, moose, glaciers, majestic mountains and bald eagles. Actually we saw flocks of bald eagles, we saw eagles to the point when someone said "There's a bald eagle," we all simply shrugged and said, "not another one."

It was the perfect vacation, we stayed away long enough for the milk to go bad and the lawn to need mowing, but not so long our neighbors forgot who we were.

I'm in the process of going through my stack of Flint Journals and we'll see what has transpired there in my absence. For now, it's back to work and more play.

I'll attach a photo to this entry from our day in College Fjord where we saw many glaciers.

While we were cruising through the ice (small bergs) and watching the glaciers, the ship was playing as background music "My Heart Will Go On," from the movie "Titanic." That's no lie, I didn't think it was particularly appropriate, but someone had a sense of humor. I'll have more to say about the cruise and our short stay in Vancouver after I finishing unpacking and mowing.

There's no place like home.

No comments: