Thursday, February 5, 2009

Stimulus, schmulus

Here we go again. The change people voted for is looking suspiciously like what we had before.

Unrestrained spending, pork barrel projects and an additional $1 trillion in debt. Who knew change could be so much like what we already had?

And now word that our Congressional leaders, of both parties, have spent $500,000 for a weekend away at four-star resorts so they can talk. What is wrong with these guys, and gals?

Are they so tone deaf to the current economic conditions and mood in the country that they can't see past their own hypocrisy in criticizing bank executives for lavish spending on the taxpayer dollars that they don't think someone will notice when they do?

I hope that President Obama goes behind close doors and spanks all of them and gets them back to what he was talking about in the first place, creating jobs. I see where one of the $500 million proposals in the new bill creates 338 new jobs. Do the math you idiots, that's more than $1.3 million per job. And by the way, do any of these guys pay their taxes like the rest of us?

And as I said before the first bail out, what we are doing to our children and grandchildren by borrowing all this money and putting it on the next generation to pay off seems criminal, but it is at least immoral. When did anyone ever give someone the advice that the best way out of a financial hole was to borrow your way out? Hopefully, never.

We need a good House, and Senate, cleaning. Now I'm going back to the real house cleaning for my late brother's party. The vacuum is sitting right here next to me calling my name.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a chance. Obama's campaign was about tickling ears and hoping the teleprompter didn't quit working. We're starting to learn more and more that we elected the wrong man for the job.

Don't blame me--I voted for Sarah Palin as vice president.

Anonymous said...

Sarah Palin - you can't be serious? Yah, I would be so much more confident with McCan't and Palin in charge. wow.

Anonymous said...

I am dead serious. I would be much more confident under McCain and Palin than I would under Nobama and "Crazy Joe" Biden.