Sunday, February 1, 2009

An afternoon Super Bowl!

The Super Bowl starts about 3 p.m. today here. Who knew there was an afternoon Super Bowl?

For the last 31 years I have watched the Super Bowl in the Eastern time zone. I had forgotten that football Sundays, even during the regular season, start early here. 60 Minutes always starts on time on the west coast.

But this year, because of my trip out here for my brother's memorial, I will be watching the game on Pacific time, in a warmer climate. What does that mean?

I'll be in bed at my regular 10 p.m. time. On the east coast that's about the time half time is over.
The sun will be out during the entire game here.

I can move to the patio if the house gets too crowded and not suffer from hypothermia.

It also means for the first time ever I will be watching the game with my granddaughter Brittany. (That's the best part).

If the game is bad, which it usually is, it won't make me mad that I lost sleep over it.

It'll be time for dinner, instead of bed, when the game ends. Not that we won't already be full of chips and chicken wings.

By the time my son William and I get home from his mother's house (thanks for inviting me to the party, Chris) we will still have time to do a load of laundry and watch a movie. (William made me watch "Meet the Spartans" on Saturday) No comment.

Most of all when I wake up on Monday morning there won't be any snow on the ground.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did not make you watch anything! I believe you did enjoy it! You made me watch The Three Amigos! Remember? I could not make you watch anything. Get home safe James