Friday, June 26, 2009

Part of the Pontiac Police Michael Jackson photo

I've looked everywhere for the photo and video of Michael Jackson and the Pontiac Police Department. Finally found this small portion of the photo. The part with my former wife in it has been cropped. She would have been to MJ's right, I believe one or two officers over.

Interestingly, the photo does include a photo (second row middle) of former Pontiac Police Lt. Ray Hawks, who later became police chief in Capac and who was badly wounded in a shooting a year or so ago.

Update: July 8, 2009: My former wife has forwarded me the Life magazine photo that includes her (second to Michael's right and second to the left as you view the photos. She told me she still has the sunglasses she and the other officers received for doing the photo.)

8 comments:

Jan Scholl said...

I looked thru over 100 thousand photos last night online using various search terms and could not find it. I think the copy my son has is buried in his keepsake box. Along with Mike's action figure including the little glove. And the mircofone.

Jim of L-Town said...

I did the same. I could only find this edited version. It was in Life or Time magazine. I looked in the Life files, but couldn't find it. Today I'll search Time.

Anonymous said...

My brother is actually in this photo. I remember it on the box of Wheaties along with card inside the box.

Susan said...

Hello~ it's me, second on MJ's right! Long time ago, but a very booming time for the City of Pontiac! Hope you received the e-mail picture! It was the LIFE publication. Kindest Regards!

Brian Lee said...

It is Life Magazine, November 1984. Its on the back page.

Anonymous said...

At 6:34 of this video, you can see video of the pic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkNHsOZNVtA

Susan said...

I'm "Thriller" to finally see this video after all these years! It brings back fond memories of meeting MJ and all of the hoopla at the Silverdome for the 1984 Victory Tour! Thanks for posting it... ;-)

Jim of L-Town said...

It's amazing how this stuff is floating around out there.