Sunday, April 26, 2009

Forgot one of my favorite cars

Don't know how I forgot this vehicle, but my little Mustang, which I bought from another reporter at the Oakland Press was squeezed in between the Chevette and Pontiac Station wagon.

It had one annoying feature. Whenever the car was wet on the outside, from either a cold rain or wet snow, and if the temperature dropped while you were driving it, you might be sealed in the car by a frozen driver's door and passenger door.

That meant you might have to call someone (if you had a cell phone, which in those days was rare) or roll down the window and enlist someone to take your keys, unlock the hatchback and let you out the back.

Anyway, that was one more car that I wore out driving the beat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember that car. It was nice. I never got to drive it. I would have liked to, but can you imagine the time it would have taken to teach me? I started driving after my younger brother Timothy.

Anonymous said...

Why critisize James? Do something about it.Everyones a critic now a days.