Sunday, February 8, 2009

A great day for a party

It was a day my brother would have loved. Friends, family, neighbors and friends of my brother's from the Foothill Theatre Company gathered Saturday to remember and celebrate his life.

My first wife, youngest son and granddaughter were there. My wife flew in from Michigan to be there. My sister flew in from West Virginia to be there. A cousin from Southern California and the cousin we're staying with in Danville (home of "Sully" the hero pilot of the Hudson) was there also.

Many, many friends, some who I met before and some who I met for the first time Saturday braved the clear skies, bright sun and relatively warm temperatures to attend.

I'm going to have much more to say about this later, but let me just say that you learn a lot about someone you loved just from talking with the people they knew and loved.

People loved my brother, they respected my brother and they cared for my brother. What more could you want to hear.

My sister-in-law Barbara was a terrific host and the day could not have been more perfect.

Rest in Peace brother. More later.

No comments: