Friday, November 21, 2008

The answer is......

OK, should you land a big time job in corporate communications in the office of the chairman of the Big Three here's a few suggestions in advising them on how to answer questions when they appear before Congress.

Senator: "Sir, would you be willing to take a $1 salary to obtain this federal help?"

Big Three boss: "Yes, I will do anything it takes to save my company."

Senator: "Did you fly here on a corporate jet to ask for taxpayer's money?"

Big Three boss: "Yes, I did, but in retrospect it would have been a better message for me to fly here on a commercial flight."

Senator: "Would you be willing to park that jet, sell it and fly home on a commercial flight."

Big Three boss: "Yes, I will do anything it takes to save my company."

Senator: "If part of the deal for getting this bailout would you be willing to step down?"

Big Three boss: "Yes, I will do anything it takes to save my company."

Get it now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a job in corporate communications at GM and learned that executives for GM and the UAW are out of touch with reality. They actually believe the American public is on their side.
Kinda sounds like newspaper editors...

Anonymous said...

The more serious and scary story in all of this is that in many parts of the country, GM, Ford and Chrysler are irrelevant.

They'll get their aid somehow, even if it takes until January, but the more daunting challenge is re-establishing a relationship with the rest of the car-buying public. Let's hope it isn't too late.