Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sorry, I'm working on the salary story

Two things, one I'm currently working on the salary story that I teased a couple weeks ago. I have some figures and will publish my findings very soon.

Also, I'm currently digesting a 5-page memo sent to employees July 31 outlining some major changes to the retirees health plan (for current and future employees). A quick read of the memo seems to indicate that those currently retired are not effected, but there are huge changes ahead for people who work at the Journal and even more for those who will be hired after Jan. 1, 2010.

It's a pretty easy digest for those hired after Jan. 1, 2010: There is no retiree health care plan for those folks and maybe a big incentive for those who have been there awhile and have not yet left, to leave before Dec. 31, 2009.

But, I'm still working over the document and I'll get back to you soon on that.

No comments: