Friday, August 28, 2009

The sound of the men working on the chain gang

Tonight that sound is tired. I love the fall and football. One of the fun things I have been able to do in the fast few years is be a regular member of a high school football chain gang.

The game tonight was one of those up and down the field affairs that kept us running all of the first half and much of the second half. I think the final score was 39-21, but it could have been higher, I quit watching the scoreboard after the start of the fourth quarter.

We were quietly rooting for sacks and short runs by the end of the game, but what we got were long run backs and long successful passes.

Still, the chain gang has the best seat in the house and the crew I work with has a lot of fun. But we're hoping for a more defensive struggle next time.

No comments: