Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have family from out of town arriving this morning. My sister and brother-in-law from Chicago and my father and stepmother from Virginia.

We will be busy eating, laughing and watching football so I won't be here blogging and my hope and prayer is that you won't be here either. This is a time for family and thanksgiving, not for the surface frustrations of life.

Followers of Jesus know the words of the Bible: "In everything give thanks." It's a concept that is difficult for everyone, believers and non-believers, because everything includes those things that are not so nice.

Doors open, doors close, but behind each new door is a great adventure. Enjoy the holiday, I'll check in once in a while to see what has been left, but there will be no new posts from now until Saturday, at the earliest.

I give thanks for you, my friends. And if you can help someone, by all means, do.

No comments: