Friday, May 2, 2008

Go Red Wings!

In my off time I really like to watch and root for the Detroit Red Wings hockey team.

Last night they disposed of their once fierce rivals the Colorado Avalanche in four relatively easy contests. This morning they finished off the Avs with an 8-2 drubbing.

Dave, a friend of mine in Lansing, kind of huffed and puffed when I said the Red Wings would sweep the series after the second game win in Detroit.

It's easy to pick a sweep after the third straight win, but not-so-easy after the second win at home. But then that's the way I roll. I kick it old school, as they say.

So I don't know yet who we will face in the conference finals, but I'm pretty confident that we will do well. Especially with the way Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Franzen are currently playing.

Franzen, for those who know little or care little about hockey, scored three goals (hat trick) in two of the games against Colorado. Almost unheard of in hockey circles.

So pardon this brief interruption in the newspaper talk, but it's always a wonderful thing when the calendar says May and the Red Wings are still playing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to having my father rub my nose into another Red Wing Stanly cup win. Big deal. Sharks will get there.

Anonymous said...

I dont care.